Monday, September 12, 2011

Updates and Shameless Plugging

It seems lately all I've been doing is plugging myself in my blog. I can't help it...it's SHAMELESS plugging. Please laugh. Before I get to links to articles, I have some updates for you.

I am at Starbucks typing this out because I either have sporadic internet or none at all. See Hurricane Irene knocked my phone and DSL out, and Verizon are being lazy bums about getting it up and running. When they say they are coming back tomorrow--that means next week. We have a phone right now --with a loud buzzing noise and my internet only allows me to get into two sites-aol to check my email and facebook. So the poor baristos and baristas at Starbucks have been putting up with me all week. At least I've been getting work done! However, I am thinking about changing to Optimum Online, though I am not thrilled with Cablevision, but after Hurricane Irene, after a week after LIPA turned on the  lights-the next day Cablevision was online with EVERYTHING--BUT not VERIZON. Verizon is making as little effort as possible to get everything back to normal.

 Originally the repairman he said that he had to splice a line and he'd be back the next day. A week later we have a phone with severe buzzing on our end and as I stated earlier I can get on to two sites--the rest take between 15 and 30  minutes to load. So if I want to post an article on Y!CN I have to wait a half hour for the page to even load--thus I am at Starbucks again today. The repair dude came back yesterday and told us that the line is down in two places. What happen to splicing? So now we have two different stories, and I have the odd feeling that we are going to have a third. Last night, around 7-ish I had to go to Starbucks to finish up an article because I had no internet at all. When I got home, I discovered I could get onto Pogo for a half hour and then Pogo took forever to load. So I only had aol and facebook. I am getting fed up. So is my mother for that matter. If we didn't have cell phones, we'd be in big trouble, but thankfully we just got new cell phones.

Other updates: Mom had me crying  yesterday. As you know yesterday was the anniversary of 9-11-01. In general it is a day full of anxiety for me. Mom and I were in the car on the way to see my grandma. She started talking about how she was listening to Peter, Paul and Mary and about her childhood and then all of a sudden she skipped to 1968 and started talking about Robert F. Kennedy, and how different the world would've been had he not been assassinated....tears fell down both of our cheeks. All  of this while we were listening to the names of the dead from 9-11 being read on the radio, and Paul Simon singing "Sound of Silence."

So blessed are we to feel,
So blessed are we to begin to heal...
(perhaps this is the beginning of another poem for me)

And now for my latest articles (or rather the ones I want you to check out):

My Favorite Novelist: Michael Jecks
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8390687/my_favorite_novelist_michael_jecks.html?cat=10

Road Songs
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8379653/road_songs.html?cat=33

Weirdos On Parade
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8373779/weirdos_on_parade.html?cat=9

Tales of Irene
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8355277/tales_of_irene.html?cat=37

Thoughts During the Meeting
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8344879/thoughts_during_the_meeting.html?cat=47

That Fateful Day
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8334009/that_fateful_day.html?cat=37

Commerical Complaints
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8282184/commercial_complaints.html?cat=70

Thank you all for your continued support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment