Friday, September 10, 2010

Various Ramblings and Such

It is the wee hours of the morning or extremely late at night. It depends on how you look at it. My head is pounding and my nose hurts-ah the wonders of the sinus! Nothing like a traffic jam in your sinus! The pounding is kind of like people honkingtheir horns. My nose hurting is kind of like that two ton truck that cut me off on the highway last week, but I digress...

I keep a notebook of quotations that either make me laugh or make me think, or in some cases both. I am currently browsing through it. And the quotation of the day is:

"There is an element of truth in every idea that lasts long enough to be called corny" ~Irving Berlin

Speaking of corn...why do they call those carbuncles you get on your toes corns? I mean where is the corn's ears. Why can't we eat toe-corns?Would we want to eat toe corns? Cream of toe corn soup!

I never said I was completely sane. After all if you have a great imagination you can come up with some pretty far out there ideas. I mean I wrote an article once about farts in outer space. I just wanted to make people laugh,and I did. Might be a little a gross to some, but seriously the way the world
is we need more laughter...and love...

I sometimes get "annoyed" with my mother if she doesn't laugh at my jokes. I put annoyed in quotation marks because I am not really mad. I just like to hear people, especially mom laugh, at my jokes. Nine out of ten times mom does laugh.

I may put some of those surveys from Facebook on here. Sometimes I answer them truthfully. Sometimes I answer them with weird and out there answers. Sometimes I mix it up a bit leaving my friends, family, and colleagues thinking what the heck was she thinking? Is she really a nutter?

2 comments:

  1. A fart in a space suit is certainly a dilemma worth pondering, but I draw the line at cream of toe-corn soup. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still contemplating the fart in space. I would like to read that some time. This is a good read. I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete