Monday, January 10, 2011

Weight Loss Night 1

I decided to use my blog as a way to keep track of what I am doing or not doing in the weight loss area. I need to lose 47 lbs. Right now my goal is ten. I also need to keep the weight off.

I admit I had a big dinner. I won't tell you where mom and I went. I told mom I decided to cut out fast food all together and eat smaller portions.

Part of my problem is I am a carbovegetarian. I eat too many carbs. I've been a vegetarian my entire life. Vegetarian means I don't eat meat fish or poultry but do eat egg and milk products. Vegan is no meat, fish, poultry and no eggs or milk products. If you eat only fish or poultry you are NOT a vegetarian. One of the things I am going to do is look up vegetarian  recipes.

Now what health problems are going to be a problem for me--my IBS. Whatever I eat or drink I have to experiment with to make sure it doesn't upset my stomach/colon.

I also need to exercise. Until 12th grade I danced. I am now 32. I barely exercise. I refuse to go to a gym. I need to do things at my pace. I do not believe in making yourself uber sick to lose weight. I have an exercise bike and an old fashioned rowing machine as well as a resistance band and 2lb weights. Come the warmer weather I will walk. When I start feeling sick, I must stop.

Sometimes exercise affects my stomach. I just now did six minutes of working out--just low impact workout...and I am about ready to throw up. I hate throwing up! I hate it with a passion! My stomach is not amused with me at the moment.

Bottom line: I need to eat less and I need to exercise every day even if it's only a few minutes.

1 comment: